If you ask me, I would probably tell you how travelling solo was something which has always been in ‘Bucket List’ ever since I got my hands on my passport. Not that I don't want a travel companion, but it is rather the need of a 'Me' time which is something I crave for. I find it as a way of filling up a positive vibes, a life changing experience or more about bringing you closer to yourself and the world.
Given a chance anytime, I would leave everything behind, and keep going back to globetrotting alone. Any time. Imagine how you will get to see and discover better things without worrying about who you came with. It's not just the place you get to explore, the diverse culture differences, the food, the people but it's more about the peaceful vibe of enjoying a sunset with constant connection to your inner soul.
Here, I can give you 5 reasons on why travelling solo can make you want to #SayYesToTheWorld
- Confidence Booster- Travelling alone itself is a big achievement. The ability to carry your own luggage and finding the way to your motel can do more than just boost your confidence level, it also means you can handle your own responsibilities and challenges. You will be in constant reminder that you can do it alone. Also, there is less chances of you getting lost in the crowd, and if you ever find yourself forgetting your way back to the hotel, you still have the ability to find your own way out.
- Knowing the real you- if you travel alone, there is more chance of you re-discovering yourself. I have said it once and I am saying it again. Travelling solo means understanding what you want, what you love, and the best way to spend a ‘Me’ time.
- Empowering - Once you are capable of feeling confident by being alone, you will also feel empowered enough to take up any risk and any challenges on what might come your way. You will be able to fight and defend, alone. Because, what else can be more empowering than surviving alone in a new country which you have zero knowledge about.
- Meeting and making more friends- When you are on a solo trip, you have more chances to talk with strangers and even more likely to make friends easier, since you will be doing the talking yourself. This is another great way to meet another solo traveler who is willing to share his/her stories with you.
- Finding inspiration – When you venture out into the world alone, you will be prone to finding Inspirations on every little things you come across. A rush of creativity on finding a beautiful architectural structure, or maybe your inner poet will unleash on seeing a serene sunset or a probability of discovering your calling, and that's all because you have no one to distract you.
So, what are you waiting for, Go pack your bags, ditch the idea of waiting for your friends to say ‘Yes’ to go on a trip, and start on a journey to embrace your solitude. Trust me, you will have better experience and stories worth sharing. Tick off your bucket list to ‘Travel Solo’ and #SayYesToTheWorld.