With Christmas just days away, We can see all the towns decorated with lights, tinsel, wreaths and bells, you can feel the spirit of the eve everywhere around you. You can see people getting cozy with warm woolen and mittens, shopping around searching for the best gifts for their loved ones.
Suddenly, you realized you are going to miss all the love this year because you will be away from home, which also means away from your family. You are stuck with workloads and you are unable to fly back home. All the festive vibes around you just turned into a 'Not so Merry Christmas' #reason- You are away from home.
Well, you are not alone, there are many who are stucked in the same situation and couldn't not make it to be around with families. Me being one of em (Of course) blame it on my busy schedule :(
Well, I decided that I won't make this joyous season gloomy just because I am not home, nor will I make yours a sad one. So, I have come up with some 'great' if not exciting things to do when you are away for a family holiday reunion.
1. Send gifts of love- And, when I say gifts, I also mean the real ones with lots of love. What you can do is, buy something for everyone instead of shelling out on your flight tickets. Trust me nothing's better than receiving gifts from someone who is away from you.
Your loved ones would be happy and even you too. (A win win situation ain't it)
2. Ring up dear ones- Since you don't want to lock yourself up and be under a blanket brooding, why not ring up your dear ones and wish them season greetings, or you can have a video call with them. (Remember!! technology can bring us near even when you are far away)
3. Read more- Am sure, no one would like to spend this festive time binging or becoming a couch potato sitting in front of the television and having a movie marathon which would probably make you lazy. I suggest you brew some warm chocolate drink with lots of marshmallow on it and get to reading some good books which you could not do all this time.
4. Go out, have some fresh air- I know the idea of seeing happy faces around may make you feel disappointed, but what is more fun then to go out alone and try all the yummy pastries and cupcakes at the nearest patisseries with no one to control you. Sounds fun already!?
5. Light up your room- Just because you don't get to go home doesn't mean you can't light up and decorate your room (Says who?) go buy the best looking twinkling lights and accessorize it the way you want it to. (Don't forget to click a picture and post it on Instagram with hashtag #DIY)
6. Set a Christmas mood- Turn on the seasons music (Tis the season!!) and feel the vibes of a joyous celebration and yeah, sing it aloud too.
7. Bake a cake- And lastly, Christmas is never complete without a delicious plum cake on the kitchen shelf, get ready with your baking attire and whip some cream, plump and butters. Turn your 'not so Merry' a 'Merry Merry Christmas'!!
Wishing everyone a 'Joyous Christmas', may this season brings you love and lots of laughter around.
And, to those who are away from home, you are not alone... don't you feel lonely, You still have your loved ones, it's just that they are some few miles away. Their heart's remember you.
|Image Credit- Google|